Pages

January 25, 2009

When? How? I'll never know... But that doesn't matter.

WOW. I never thought I'd be posting this much on one topic. Everyday I keep thinking back about my "Creating Yourself" posts, and I've already put the links into my "Important Thoughts" section, but this, my friends, is part THREE of the whole thing.
I'm now asking questions, and I'm almost sure I won't keep going after this--but I'm not fully positive. Every day I have new questions. (*sighs*--lol).

If you haven't read my other posts on this, it's fine. And you'll probably still be able to understand everything--for I pretty much try not to go back a lot onto other posts when I blog, but if you'd LIKE to read them, here's PART ONE and PART TWO.
______________________________________________

Oki-dokes, just like my title of this one I've been thinking. Is there going to be a time when I actually know I've fulfilled WHATEVER it was I was supposed to fulfill? How WILL I ever know? I mean... Here we go about our business, doing the things God wants us to do (or at least we all try, right?)--and as a young lady/man (lol) we can only do SO MUCH, right??
*Whistles and looks away* And since we, for now, can't be the President or can't be a famous person, how do we know we've done something useful? When will we find out we've done something useful?
The other day I was asking myself, "I wonder what it'd be like if 'POOF' I just didn't exist. I was never born." I still wonder that. "How would so-and-so have done this, if I hadn't helped that person?" And then I think, "Nah, she/he would've survived. It wasn't THAT big of a deal." And there I go--the world can move along without me.
But then somewhere around my existence, I will do something. And if my death is the only thing that will effect someone, then so be it--but I'm still trying to figure that out.
Have you ever thought that?? . . .
What if I never started this blog? I wouldn't have the friends I have today.
What if I decided that you weren't worth my friendship? So, nah, we never became the best of pals. (lol)
What if God decided that I didn't need to be born? So therefore--it was just my twin sister, who would be the oldest of everybody.
Would you be able to cope if your best friend was never alive? Would you say, "It's fine, Bookie didn't make much of a difference."? Ha, maybe you would, but there are tons of other people, besides me you could think about--if they never existed. There is you, y'know. :P
POOF! You're gone. What now?
You might figure it out--I'm sure all of you are very smart people, with great noggins.
Or you could still be Einstein/Eisteinette and never figure it out. It's all according to God's plan, just make sure He's proud of you.
--If you decide to get back at someone, you're not showing mercy. They could've done without you for that one time.
--If you decide not to be strong about someone that's bugging you, you're not showing honor. That person could've done without you for that one time.
--If you decide to leave a friend in a time of need, you're not showing love. That person could've done without you for that one time.
There's more, but the point is, even if somebody could've done without you for that one time--I'd feel awful. One time's enough for me. It's the fact that I wasn't acting like a maiden of God, I wasn't making Him proud of me.

No matter what, glorify Him. :)

Have a great Sunday (and week :D)
~Bookie

P.S. BY THE WAY, TODAY IS TWIN4GOD'S BIRTHDAY! WISH HER A HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Even if you've never commented on her blog before, you don't know who she is--I'll bet anything she knows you read my blog. Just say hello and happy birthday!
*HAPPY BIRTHDAY TWIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D*

2 comments:

Bella said...

I ♥ the feeling when you fulfill a really important task! Even finishing a book, or a series is a big one. And then those feelings where you do something you didn't really want to do, and a HUGE load comes off your back. It's SUCH A RELIEF!!!

Lydia

Anonymous said...

Impact is a strange thing. When we look at our existence, the impact that we think we have had is often illusory.

"Do not store up for yourself treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal." -Matthew 6:19-20

"'Meaningless! Meaningless!' says the Teacher. 'Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless.' What does man gain from all his labor at which he toils under the sun? Generations come and generations go, but the earth remains forever. . . . There is no remembrance of men of old, and even those who are yet to come will not be remembered by those who follow." -Ecclesiastes 1:2-4, 11

All things done that are not for the Glory if God is a waste. And so for most people, regardless of their earthly accomplishments, the answer to the question, "What difference would it have made if I hadn't been born?" is nothing. They leave their legacy, but their legacy is forgotten. They build their empires, and they tumble down only a moment later. We who put our trust in God have the promise that "moth and rust will not destroy." And so the startling conclusion is that those who are not behaving in such a way as to build up the Kingdom of God are not only not fulfilling the purpose of their existence, but are also wasting their lives. It gets even more fun when examined from the Atheist perspective.

Anyway, when you run into what God wants you to do, you'll know. The Spirit will not leave us blind to His activity. I am faced right now with a decision as to what field of work I want to go into. My job is simply to prepare myself for God's will by opening as many doors as I can, and letting Him show me which one I should take.