Pages

January 20, 2009

Life Isn't About Finding Yourself, It's About Creating Yourself


I saw this icon on some site, and I don't know... I just loved it. I'm always hearing about everyone say they don't know who they are, they don't know what to do in life, they want to find themselves, etc. You really get into it after a while. I used to think things like that--and, honestly, sometimes I do. I don't know what God has in store for me in the future. I could die tomorrow, or I could live till I'm a hundred years old. You never know... But what I do know is that I'm here for a reason. Obviously you may not be sure of it right now, but you could be sure soon or never. I started thinking the other day, of how random I'm placed. Of just how perfectly I fit in with my family, friends, everyone.
The way I was created--I'm a girl, not a guy.
The family I was born into--most everyone's Christian.
The friends I have-- enough to be able to be myself.
Sure, there are problems everywhere. Does no ever not go through trials? We do! All the time. Dude, read the Bible and figure out that God tests you. He won't NOT test you. He'll never give you anything you're not capable of handling. Never. He's better than that. Some people commit murder, some people commit suicide, some people just commit crimes, and a lot say "Sorry, God just made me this way."
EXCUSE ME?!
OR, they say, "I found what my purpose was in life."
I don't think it was to destruct.
WHAT, so you think that since you don't know what to do in life now, there's never going to be a purpose, mine as well live it out doing what your sinful nature wants?
Ha, yeah, "(*mockingly, of course*) I don't know what to do with myself, so I mine as well die, kill, or do something wrong. There's no point in living anyway."
Uh, no.
I don't think so. I actually remember this one specific conversation with my mom when we were in her room. I was younger then, but I was thoughtful. I asked her the time when you finally find out what you're here for.
And I forget the answer right now, but I can tell you this moment, that you've already done what you're called to do, you're already DOING what you've been called to do. There are probably more than a hundred reasons why you were born, why you're family with so-and-so, and why you're friends with whomever. You've probably established more than what you thought you COULD do. I just started realizing that my past friendships with a couple people, that didn't make it until now--only a few years, still had an effect on both me and the person involved.
Everything you do, everything you read, everything you think about, whatever it is, you're CREATING yourself. You may be finding yoursef too... The talents inside you never knew about, but they HAD to be created first.
Never would I have thought I'd do NaNoWriMo and be writing an over-55k-story when I was younger.
Never would I have thought I'd be playing the violin.
Never would I have thought I'd know people I didn't know before, today.
It's crazy to think about, but every moment you're just more and more involved. There may be one MAIN reason why you're here, but I'm sure there are several others that haven't caught your attention yet.
Stay creating,
~Bookie

4 comments:

Zoe said...

Hey! Great post! I like your template, by the way. And the Christian blog button thingys in the sidebar are really neat.

~Zoe

IdinaTook said...

I like your little Jusus Freak thing. It's neat! I love this blog! ;)

FrizzyDragon49 said...

This is a really great post! Really deep, and a good reminder. =]You're blog is awesome, by the way. I've only just found it recently, but it's really cool!

~Frisbee

Anonymous said...

"Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it." -Matthew 10:39