December 3, 2008

Chillaxin ;)

So... I haven't posted about how I've been doing very lately. Most of you go on the forum or see me in person, and I've just been telling you from there. But I'll tell you how me and my pal, Stomach, are doing.
(This link is just in case you haven't heard what's happening and you're not confuzled. :P)
Okay, so today I had an endoscopy done today.
WHAT'S THAT YOU ASK? Shucks, you don't know?! lol, I didn't either.
It's when they look inside your stomach and whatevers, taking a tube down your throat (that's a camera), of course, and takng pictures and looking for something wrong.
Guess what?
It isn't celiac, they don't think.
Neither is it Chrone's disease, they don't think, either.
WHICH THANK THE LORD, because FINE let me have celiac, but if I had Chrone's, I think I'd be very scared. (I know what it is, my abuela has it, it's not pretty).
But they saw that the inside of my stomach is inflames, and so is something else that I forget.
-Now, on to my story at the hospital, since I know some of you are practically going crazy with curiosity (yes, you know who you are). Skip this part if you feel like it, but I found the whole thing pretty funny.-
So I had to wake up early (well for me at least--I usually wake up at 8:30-9:00 a.m.), and it was 6:30 a.m., because I had to be at our children's hospital by 7:00 a.m. Which is absolutely not fun, especially when you live in a hot place, and it just so happens to be a November morning under 70 degrees.
I was freezing, let's just say that--even with my jacket on.
My mother and I drove to the hospital and we waited for little while in this room, and then they called us over to put me in some more records in the computer (not like they didn't have enough *rolls eyes*). Then the nice lady told us to go to the endoscopy room which was SUPER far away to the room we were currently in, but whatever.
And we did go, and we entered a very large room where there were like several curtains to make into tiny "rooms", and this other lady told us to wait there.
Does anybody remember my post about how TERRIFIED I am of needles in general? Especially ones that are SUPPOSED to enter through my skin? I hate all kinds, but forget it, I was not a happy little girl at the time.
So then this lady comes and starts talking to us, disturbing my reading (I had brought my book Pretties*), and starts filling me in for even MORE records or whatever. She was asking all sorts of questions, then wanted to weigh me--whoopee-- and then brought me over to do that blood pressure or whatever they do. And then this guy game, and said he was some sort of Dr. -whatever-, and then asked questions and started filling even more stuff, or maybe just grabbing information.
ANYWAY, that was when I was asked whether I wanted to get drowsy by this funny tasting drink or an IV.
Which do you think I chose?
Ha, no surprises for now. I CHOSE THE LIQUID guys. ;)
AND it did taste funny and kind of bad in the end, but hey, it was worth getting that than getting a needle stuck in me.
But then I was told that an IV would be stuck in me while I asleep. But, what the hey, I won't feel it, even when I do wake up.
Then they gave me that stupid hospital gown, got changed in that, then I had to lay in the bed that was there, and they rolled me into a room, telling my mom to go away. :P
It was kind of scary, but I wasn't going to freak out or anything. I could barely even see anything, for when I had gotten there, I had seen a bunch of nurses, and then this nice lady nurse asked if I could scoot up further in the bed, and once I did, my doctor's face popped out of nowhere, and held this mask over me with funny smells.
He started talking SUPER fast, and I was kind of getting sleepy and tired, and I couldn't understand him very well. He introduced me to this nurse, Jason, and Jason waved at me. Then the doctor started talking about the funny smells, and he said something about, "Now this is going to smell like the boy's locker room!" And I started laughing, but I was almost unconcious. "Jason's been in the boy's locker room! Have you?" And by this time, I wasn't sure of what he was asking, but he answered for me. "Nooo! You haven't been in there before! Jason once fought in the boy's locker room! Didn't you, Jason?"
So I looked over at Jason, and he was nodding and grinning, looking at me while I was laughing.
Jason then started his funny story. "Yeah, yeah! I once fought in there. I was fighting..."
Then I fell asleep. :D
I woke up EXTREMELY groggy, and I don't know who was asking me, but all of a sudden someone asked for my arm, and they wouldn't take the one I was giving them, then they grabbed my other arm and stuck that pressure thing on it.
Then I fell asleep again.
Then I woke up and my mom was there, and I was being rolled back to that same place I laid on the bed before.
I was very sleepy, and someone brought me my regular clothes, and I was changed into them, and then this guy, and I think it was Jason maybe, started that pressure whatever, and started taking off all of these stickers that were stuck onto me before I fell asleep. And they were those ones that they stick on your head with wires--or on your heart--to monitor my heart, and then he took off this thing that was attached to my finger, to monitor my pulse.
THEN came the part where he took off my IV, and I really couldn't have cared less. I was deirious (sp?), and I just felt a slight pinch. Then some other dude brought a wheelchair, and I had no idea--until I tried getting up to walk.
I couldn't stand.
Or at least, I barely could stand. For I was so sleepy, and so out of it, that I couldn't lift myself really.
So I got in the wheelchair, he wheeled me down, my mom got the car, and he wasn't a very sociable person. I mean, for someone like me, who cares if I'm sleepy?!
TALK TO ME. I want to :P
But no, he was too busy checking out his cellphone.
So it was up to me, eh? FINE.
So I told him I liekd his cellphone--which was okay, I guess. I mean, it was nice, but I was so sleepy, all I noticed was that it was flat and silver. :D
He barely answered--"Oh yeah.. I like that it's flat--OH, your mom's here."
Psh. Whatever. I didn't want to talk to you anyway.
I was taken to my car, I got home, could barely walk still, slept for hours.
Then I woke up.
I'm as good as knew, and I have pictures of the inside of my stomach and throat and YEAH.
So I'm happy, and I'm cool, and I didn't have any school today (even if I take breaks as a homeschooler). :)

So I thank you all for the prayers. I know some of you have been asking to be kept up to date, and I really appreciate that you care so much. :) (I honestly do!!)
I'm going to go back to the hospital/doctor in two weeks to see how I'm doing, and whether I still need to take some of the medication I'm supposed to take everyday.
Thanks for your prayers, I still need them, but I'm so happy it hasn't been anything more.



Twin for God said...

I'm so glad it went well Bookie! :D *hugs* I hope they discover what's going on with your friend, Stomach. ;) Talk later!

~Girl of Many Colors~ said...

Wow. I'm so glad you don't have those, bookie-kins! *glomps* I'm soooo happy for you!

God Bless,


Christsbutterfly said...

I'm glad everything went well Bookie :) I'll be keeping you in my prayers.