Pages

August 4, 2010

Over 40 Summer Reads, how about you? (Summer Reads Part Two)

This post is the continuation of Summer Reads Part One. I'm posting my to-read list that I have so far, and you post your to-read list in the comments of this post. Very simple how just posting a comment of the books you're excited about works, eh?

Anywho onwards to my list of to-read books.


13. Title: A Passion Denied
Series: Book #2 of The Daughters of Boston Series
Genre: Historical romance.
Author: Julie Lessman
Author’s site: JulieLessman.com

14. Title: A Passion Redeemed
Series: Book #3 of The Daughters of Boston Series
Genre: Historical romance.
Author: Julie Lessman

15. Title: A Hope Undaunted
Series: Book #1 of The Winds of Change Series
Genre: Historical romance.
Author: Julie Lessman

I have not read the first book of The Daughters of Boston Series just because for now I do not believe that's a book I'm too interested in.

16. Title: Surrender the Heart
Series: Book #1 of the Surrender to Destiny Series
Genre: Romantic suspense/history
Author: MaryLu Tyndall
Author’s site: MLTyndall.com

17. Title: Surrenger the Night
Series: Book #2 of the Surrender to Destiny Series
Genre: Romantic suspense/history.
Author: MaryLu Tyndall

18. Title: The Blue Enchantress
Series: Book #2 of The Charles Towne Belles Series
Genre: Historical romance.
Author: MaryLu Tyndall

19. Title: The Raven Saint
Series: Book #3 of The Charles Towne Belles Series
Genre: Historical romance.
Author: MaryLu Tyndall

I haven't read the first book to The Charles Towne Belles Series , as a matter of fact I haven't read any of MaryLu Tyndall's books. I found a book of hers at the bookstore in the Christian section, wrote down the title of the book, and then looked her up on Amazon and her site. There's only so much romance I can take in and certain types of romance. We'll see how I like MaryLu Tyndall.

20. Title: The Believer
Series: Book #2 of The Shaker Series
Genre: Historical romance.
Author: Ann H. Gabhart
Author’s site: AnnHGabhart.com

I have not read book one of The Shaker Series. Gabhart's books are new to me so I have yet to tell you how I like even just her second book.

21. Title: Unlocked
Genre: Inspiration (Unlocked is somewhat in the romantic genre)
Author: Karen Kingsbury
Author’s site: KarenKingsbury.com

22. Title: Ever After
Series: Book #2 of The Lost Love Series
Genre: Inspirational romance.
Author: Karen Kingsbury

Honestly I've only heard of Karen Kingsbury's books, and looking up her site it looks like her only books are fictional books of marriage and not-my-type-romantic-books. I'm giving her a try but we'll see with Kingsbury.

23. Title: Grace In Thine Eyes
Genre: Fictional history.
Author: Liz Curtis Higgs
Author’s site: LizCurtisHiggs.com

24. Title: Bookends
Genre: Inspirational romance/history
Author: Liz Curtis Higgs

25. Title: Mixed Signals
Genre: Inspirational romance/history.
Author: Liz Curtis Higgs

Liz Curtis Higgs is a new author I'll be reading and I'm not too sure whether Mixed Signals is my type of inspirational romance, but I had the book on my list so we'll see about that book and her other books.


Obviously all of the books on my Summer Reads Series Part Two are books by authors I'e never read but I'll try the books out :). You may try the books out and tell me if you do because I'd love to know your opinion on some of these books!

God bless,
MaidenOfEmmanuel

2 comments:

Writer4Christ said...

Karen Kingsbury is incredible! I'm not such a big fan of her stand-alone books as I am of her series--try the Redemption Series, then the Firstborn Series, then the Sunrise Series, then the Above the Line Series. They're all related, continuing the story of the characters in Redemption, but Above the Line is my favorite series so far. She's debuting the last series, the Bailey Flanigan series, in January. I can't wait. Her books are so life-changing and encouraging.

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Lots of books! I tagged you.

~Desiree~