Pages

June 19, 2009

Praise in our prayer

It's been a LONG time since I've posted my "Important Thoughts", so I decided to do so. I was going through my comments on my first few ones, and you guys were amazing enough to take in my posts! :D Such nice things said, I'm shocked now. But anywhooo, here's another one you can choose to endure or not. ;)

Praise in our prayer

--What a topic! :P

I pray ALL the time. Do you? Or... Maybe it's one of those "every time I eat, I ask God to bless the food" or a "Lord, let me sleep well. Thanks." Is it?
I just finished a conversation with a friend today about prayer... And how you sometimes just forget about God. You may not mean to... And He may be in the back of your mind, too..... BUT, prayer is extremely important.
And if it's just repeated prayer, it suddenly becomes unimportant. Not only do you ask for the blessing of your food or a goodnight's rest, but also requests about other things, asking for forgiveness of your sins--and PRAISE.
Praise?

Oh yesssss. A very important thing. Why do you believe in God anyway? Why do you trust in Him? Hmmm?
I know, for a fact, that God is almighty and powerful. I've been taught that forever, and I completely believe it.
-I also believe that He's awesome. In everything He does, it's for better not worse.
--So... Wouldn't you want to PRAISE Him? Your joyful for even having Him in your heart! He makes you happy and different from all the others that don't believe in the One.
Another thing I mentioned already about was asking for forgiveness. We're all still sinners. No matter who we are, no matter what we do, no matter where or what time it is, we're still sinners. On this earth, we're just here to witness. Jesus' dying on the cross for us... yeah, that was amazing. Tell Him that! He sent Jesus to DIE for all of us. PRAISE.
I don't do enough of it. It's sad how a lot of us just take it for advantage.
There are way more things we could praise Him for... This could be way longer.

*What are the other things you can think of?
*I'm pretty sure we can praise Him in more ways than prayer-- so suggest! :)

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Thanks for reading!

God bless,
Bookie

2 comments:

Miranda Cosgrove Fan said...

Great post!
It wasn't too boring, but I did fall asleep afterreading the first sentence thought. :p JK JK

Camden said...

What can I thank God for?? EVERYTHING! I can thank God for my three sisters, who, although sometimes can be a little hard to get along with =D are also an awesome way God has used to make me more into his image.

Camden