Pages

October 15, 2013

"A living sacrifice, no longer my own."



When I came back from my missions trip in Honduras my perspective on life and how to approach many things changed drastically. I wanted, and still want, to glorify God in all that I do. Yet, the Lord knew I was so stuck on a lot of my ways. I thought I had my whole school year figured out. I "knew for sure" I was going to do so many things. What's ironic is that even though I know I'm not in control, I get this idea that the Lord will give me all the things I desire and plan for, even if I know it's not to His utmost glorification.




And that's when He changes things up, isn't it? This month is completely different from what I had planned it to be, yet the Lord has blessed me greatly. I've found this month--dare I say it?-- quite "uncomfortable", which is good. The Lord is teaching me so many things and working on kinks that I've been struggling with, such as committing to deadlines, Human Anatomy, and getting out of my comfort zone by experiencing new things all by myself. I'm so grateful.





I also have gotten to experience some wonderful, comfortable things, such as watching the sunrise on mini road-trips with my dad every Thursday, developing better relationships with family at home and at church, and practicing my photo-editing.

There will be more days of rest, there will also be more days of business, but it's all for His glory. The sun comes up for His glory, and the moon reflects the sun for His glory.




My prayer is this, "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship." Romans 12:1. (NASB)
"Take these hands
I know they're empty
But with You they can
Be used for beauty
In Your perfect plan
All I am is Yours
Take these feet
I know they stumble
But You use the weak
You use the humble
So please use me
All I am is Yours
I give You all my life
I'm letting it go
A living sacrifice
No longer my own
All I am is Yours
All I am is Yours
Take this heart
Set it on fire
Shining in the dark
I wanna tell the world of who You are
All I am is Yours
I give You all my life
I'm letting it go
A living sacrifice
No longer my own
All I am is Yours
All I am is Yours
I give You everything
To You I belong
Every beat of my heart
The breath in my lungs
All I am is Yours
All I am is Yours
I lift my hands up
God I surrender
All that I am for Your glory, Your honor, Your fame..."
~ All I Am, by Phil Wickham

No comments: