Pages

April 9, 2014

Being transformed in the midst of craziness

Whew.

I am currently in the middle of pre-pre-finals week--which doesn't sound hectic, but it is, and it has been test after test, project after project-- plus, tonight I have to give a presentation (which I hate giving class presentations). I just finished a resume and essay for a last-minute scholarship I applied for, and then I've scheduled myself for multiple photoshoots this weekend.

And I have a book to review by Tuesday of next week.

And I'm trying to knit a baby blanket in my free time (which I'll take a picture of and share when it gets a little longer).

Among the midst of it all, though, I want to have a genuinely joyful, humble and grateful spirit.

I just read last night,

"Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect. For through the grace given to me I say to everyone among younot to think more highly of himself than he ought to think; but to think so as to have sound judgment, as God has allotted to each a measure of faith."
Romans 12:1-3

That's some hard stuff to swallow there. I know I've probably posted Rom. 12:1-2 before, but it's good to be reminded of it every now and then. :) I'd like to think that I've been doing a good job, offering myself as a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, but in reality, I just get so confused and mixed up with all the things I have to do versus the things I want to do.

Hah. Maybe I'm just making it more confusing than it has to be. I can totally relate with Paul when he wrote,

"For we know that the Law is spiritual, but I am of flesh, sold into bondage to sin. For what I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate. But if I do the very thing I do not want to do, I agree with the Law, confessing that the Law is good."
Romans 7:14-16

I have had to be shaken and retaught learn a huge lesson this past school year:  honoring the Lord means having a joyful spirit while serving Him and doing everything for His glory-- and serving Him doesn't mean constantly doing things that please me and that I'm good at. It's under trials and under happy events. 

So while I continue praying for humility and joy, in the midst annoying classmates and bombarded with work and school, please pray for me to continue seeking His counsel and wisdom.


No comments: